Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gift Towers

The Christmas rush for Deb's Delectable Edibles has come to an end with the delivery of the last gift tower to its very deserving recipient. After a very long week of baking, candy making, popcorn roasting and cookie decorating, Mom and I packaged up the delectable goodies, placed them in their beautiful little boxes and sent my very own santa out in his sleigh to make deliveries to good little boys and girls from our little small town all the way to the Big D.






There were telephone calls of thanks and grateful tears of joy. My favorite recipient was an elderly lady who lost her husbad unexpectedly several years ago. She has the biggest heart and would give you the shirt off of her back. Each year this special lady is included with our corporate client deliveries in an effort to brighten her Christmas. As we stood on her porch and she accepted her special box of goodies, she wept, giggled & brought tears to my eyes. Something so small as a pretty hat box filled with goodies touched this woman's heart, made her know she wasn't completely alone and brought her enjoyment through the afternoon as she nibbled away. I know because she called our office each time she had something different to tell me how good it was! How precious!

I had such fun with these! I filled my towers with Cream Cheese Pumpkin Roll, Cranberry Pumpkin Bread, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Double Peanut Butter Cookies, Coconut Macaroons, Snickerdoodles, Pecan Tassies, Fudge with Pecans, Peanut Butter Fudge, Texas Millionaires, Double Dipped Peanut Butter Balls and Texas Longhorn Crunch. Here is just a glimpse of my offerings...
Now, there is shopping to be done, decorations to be put up, and gifts to be wrapped. This afternoon I finished up with my GW find, the mini Christmas tree I purchase for $1.50. Drum roll please, my little glitzy glam tabletop treeDeck Them Halls Y'all!

1 comment:

Live.Love.Eat said...

LOVE all that you did. Wow, you have been so busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Archive