Friday, December 26, 2008

Tearful Goodbyes

Today was a trying and tearful day, a day our family has dreaded for many months. My sister's youngest son, Jared, said goodbye to all of us today. This was the last time we will see him for many, many months. Jared serves his country in the U.S. Army and will be flying out to Afghanistan on Monday for his second tour. We surprised Jared with a family send-off dinner at Johnny Carino's this evening. I was busy with my camera, catching sweet little moments and documenting memories for each of us to carry in our hearts - brother and sisters saying good-bye, the mom kissing her son one last time, grandma sending her young grandson off to war. Please say a prayer for this sweet young man each night as he is fighting for our country. He will be policing and securing convoys in a dark and troublesome place as we live, play, relax and enjoy the comforts of home.








1 comment:

Live.Love.Eat said...

I know it has to be done for our country but it is sad too. I don't know anyone personally who is fighting so I cannot imagine how a family feels when they're saying goodbye. I will definitely pray for your nephew's safety!!!!

Blog Archive